Oracle advice...

From: Brian D. Lappin <blappin_at_blue.seas.upenn.edu>
Date: 1997/12/05

I am trying to get some conceptual information about Oracle databases.

I have been flooded with database terminology recently, and was hoping someone on this newsgroup could sort me out!

First, is an Oracle database the same thing as a DBMS? If not, how can each of these be defined?

When building an Oracle database, what are the necessary programming steps. In other words, a developer has defined what data should be included and how the data relates, then how is this implemented?

Id appreciate a bit of help. Im currently researching how database systems are developed from a nontechnical perspective, and am looking for some technical information.

Thanks!

Brian Received on Fri Dec 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST