Re: Migration from SQLNET V.1 to V.2

From: JohnC <x_at_x.com>
Date: 1997/12/05

Mark Cilia wrote:

> Hi
>
> we have the same problem.
>
> We have a compaq server running Oracle 7.0 on Novell 3.12 and we are using
> sql net v.1
>
> Our workstations are running dos, os/2 v1.2 and win 3.1
> We are thinking of upgrading to oracle 7.3 but still havn't solved the
> problem with dos and os/2 workstations.
>
> Is it possible to have both listeners running in parallel. We managed to do
> this in a test environment running Oracle 7.1.4. But what about 7.3
> (possibly on NT) ???
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mark
>
> root wrote in message <01bcfd89$401e0f70$528480c3_at_www>...
> >Dear All:
> >
> >I'd like to know the best way to make migration sqlnet v.1
> >to v.2. We are using sqlnet v.1 under dos.
> >
> >I wonder to know whether have anybody expirience to use
> >V.1 and V.2 at the same time?
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >savin_at_maginfo.net

There is no V1 listener in 7.3, so running them in parallel is not a valid question. On older versions, yes, they can run together. If you were really desperate, you could write your own V1 listener that simply listened on socket 1525 (V1 port), and for every call that came in, opened a V2 to the database and connected the sockets together. Its a long shot, but it might work.... Received on Fri Dec 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST