Re: Importing data

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1997/12/05

Noah Monsey wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Dec 1997 10:28:55 +0100, Casper Thrane <ct_at_benau.dk> wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >Sorry! I forgot to tell that it has to run on NT.
> >--
> >Casper Thrane
> >System developer
> >Benau A/S
>
> I have seen utilities utilities which work like cron on a
> Microsoft Windows NT platform. Although I haven't used
> any of them. You should be able to accomplish the same
> thing with dos batch files and a scheduler under NT.
>
> Anyone out the have a good recomendation for a NT
> scheduling application??
>
> ========= ========= ========= ========= =========
> Noah Monsey noah_at_azlink.com
> ========= ========= ========= ========= =========
> The only dumb question is the one that you don't ask.
> ========= ========= ========= ========= =========
> Oracle Master Database Administration April 1992
> Oracle Master Application Development April 1992
> ========= ========= ========= ========= =========
Hi,

you've got to change the sceduler service to start automatically at system startup. (naturally start it now). Then issue :

at <time> /every:mo,tu,we,th,fr,sa,su "<command file name>"

This will start <command file name> every day at <time>.

For more info about at launch "at /?".

<command file> may be:

c:\programm\orant\bin\imp73.exe system/<pwd> file=d:\dbf\dump\exp.dmp full=y log=d:\dbf\dump\log.txt ignore=y commit=y buffer=120000 >> d:\dbf\dump\imp.log

--
Regards

Matthias Gresz    :-)