v$session.command

From: Sameer Utrankar <sameeru_at_exchnage.ml.com>
Date: 1997/12/04

What's the deal with v$session.command column ? This column is supposed to contain a number for currently active command (name for which can be found from audit_actions table). I have seen values in this column before - not sure when I stopped seeing values in this column - I mean after which upgrade.. Now I am on 733 on Sun and values in this column are always 0 for all processes, no matter what the users are doing. Does anybody have any idea what it could be ?

I do know how to get the full sql text out from v$sqlarea, v$sqltext, v$open_cursor but this v$session.command column was handy to glance at what all people are doing when there are dozens are users and when you don't care about the sql details but just want a feel for kind of activity against the database by glancing through commands being executed.

Anyone ?

Sameer Utrankar
sameeru_at_exchange.ml.com
212-449-1762 Received on Thu Dec 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST