Re: Oracle Web Server 3.0

From: Marijus Jurgutis <Marijus.Jurgutis_at_sc.vu.lt>
Date: 1997/12/04

Jamie Keir wrote:

> j1obs_at_tsk.mil.tr wrote:
> >
> > I get an error message 'The request  did not specify a valid
> > virtual host'.
>
> I had this problem a while ago - it turned out the NT4 machine I was
> using to test the web server wasn't added to  the domain's DNS file.
>
> Jamie Keir

Is this problem really solved?
I have noticed it both on NT and Sun Sparc Solaris 2.5.1 machines, which nevertheless have DNS entries.
It seems that  OraWebSrv Listener requires  e x a c t   host name, which is given during administration. So, if I give my host name foo.boo.com I get same error message 'The request  did not specify a valid virtual host" in case then I try for example http://foo.boo.Com or even use IP number for that host.
Is it a bug or a new feature of WAS3.0? Received on Thu Dec 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST