creating tablespaces in parallel

From: Madhusudhan Nunna <nunna_at_apple.vin.bellcore.com>
Date: 1997/12/04

Hello Oracle folks,

                 Did anyone face the problem of creating a 500GB database in less than a day? Well I did and tried the obvious option of creating tablespaces in parallel, by running multiple server manager sessions. I'am trying this with oracle 7.3.2.3 on a HP-UX11 machine with 16 CPUs. But I'am not seeing the expected improvement in tablespace creation timings. It is still taking as much time as it would take if they were to be created sequentially.

                Can anyone throw some light on this issue? I'am sure many others must have faced a similar scenario.

Thanks in advance,
Madhu Nunna
Bell Communications Research. Received on Thu Dec 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST