Re: Help: Tuning "temporary" tables

From: Heggelund <d92hegge_at_hfk.mil.no>
Date: 1997/12/04

--

Depending on your application you could use PL/SQL arrays instead of a
permanent table to store intermediate values.

If you have lot's of concurrent updates / deletes on the table (ie many
sessions at the same time), increasing the inittrans and freelist parameter
when creating the table might help.

Placing the table in a tablespace on a separate disk, or use diskstriping would help.

Depending on you application again you have the 'descrete_transactions'
parameter. It limits (a lot) what you are allowed to do so it probably is not be
applicable.

Rgds
Steinar Heggelund

I'm employed in the Norwegian consulting company Opus One AS.
I have 7 years experience with the Oracle database, mainly on Unix.
My postings represent my opinions and they may be wrong.