Re: Print to file from stored procedure

From: Muli Koppel <mkoppel_at_barakitc.co.il>
Date: 1997/12/04

--------------66C5A92FEB45E74C513D52DE

Me wrote:

> I'm making a call to a stored PL/SQL procedure through
> the Oracle Web Application Server, not using sqlplus.
>
> I want to have the stored procedure print the values
> of certain variables to a file when the procedure is run.
> Is this possible?  Some have said yes, some no, some
> say it's only possible when using sqlplus.
>
> What's correct?

  It is possible to generate an output to an OS file. go to the machine that runs the database to which your web application is connecting.
Define in that database's init.ora the parameter utl_file_dir=directory.

Now you can use the package utl_file. Run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlfile.sql and look there for explanations.

Yours,
Muli Koppel

--------------66C5A92FEB45E74C513D52DE

<HTML>

&nbsp;

<P>Me wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I'm making a call to a stored PL/SQL procedure through
<BR>the Oracle Web Application Server, not using sqlplus.

<P>I want to have the stored procedure print the values
<BR>of certain variables to a file when the procedure is run.
<BR>Is this possible?&nbsp; Some have said yes, some no, some
<BR>say it's only possible when using sqlplus.

<P>What's correct?</BLOCKQUOTE>

&nbsp; It is possible to generate an output to an OS file.
<BR>go to the machine that runs the database to which your web application
is connecting.
<BR>Define in that database's init.ora the parameter <B><U>utl_file_dir</U></B>=<I>directory.</I>
<BR>Now you can use the package utl_file. Run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlfile.sql
and look there for explanations.

<P>Yours,
<BR>Muli Koppel</HTML>

--------------66C5A92FEB45E74C513D52DE-- Received on Thu Dec 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST