Is it possible to post PL/SQL-blocks for remote execution ??

From: Tollef Melvold <Tollef.Melvold_at_lfk.mil.no>
Date: 1997/12/03

I'm wondering if anyone know of a way to call PL/SQL-blocks remotely.

What I'm after is the possibility to, with a DBMS_DEFER-call in database A post a DBMS_DEFER call in database B, and have this one execute a procedure in database B.

The reason for this is that my procedure in database B Writes and Reads Package State, and therefor can't be called remotely.

In details:
What I'm trying today, but that fails is:

Dbms_Defer.Add_Default_Dest( dblink => 'B.WORLD' );

Dbms_Defer.Call(
  SCHEMA_NAME => 'USER',
  PACKAGE_NAME => 'My_Package',
  PROC_NAME => 'My_Proc',
  ARG_COUNT => 2); Dbms_Defer.Varchar2_Arg( value1_ );
Dbms_Defer.Varchar2_Arg( value2_ );

Dbms_Defer.Delete_Default_Dest( dblink => 'B.WORLD');

The problem is that because 'My_Proc' writes/reads package state, this isn't possible to do across a dblink ( ORA-06574 ).

Can I in any way post this entire PL/SQL-block across the dblink, to be executed by the job-queue on the B-side?

Tollef Melvold Received on Wed Dec 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST