Re: Q) Changing Max # of Datafiles... (But it does not work...)

From: Antero Elovaara <antero.elovaara_at_tietogroup.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

ksjune_at_sys.gsnu.ac.kr wrote:

> ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
> ORA-00213: cannot reuse control file 'D:\ORANT\DATABASE\ctl1orcl.ora';
> old file size 310, 358 required

I believe that You have to delete Your old control file before tying to recreate it. Be sure to have good backups of Your database before recreating control files! Good luck!

--
Antero Elovaara                  antero.elovaara_at_tietogroup.com
Tietotehdas

All possible opinions are only mine, not my employer