Re: Challenge: tables under V$LOG

From: Shajith, T V <shajith_thaze_at_bose.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

eric.giguere_at_m3isystems.com wrote in article <881096152.26491_at_dejanews.com>...
> Hi,
>
> How can I find which table(s) are reference by the view V_$LOG?
>
> When I look in the catalog, I can see that V$LOG is a synonym for the
 view
> V_$LOG. When I look to the text of the view V_$LOG, I see a reference to
> the synonym V$LOG?!
>
> What is the real table under that view?
>
> I really need to know the table under that view because I want to
> implement a trigger that will notify (I don't want to poll) me on log
> switch. This way I will be able to ftp the corresponding archive log on
> my Stand-by server...
>
> Thanks,

Since V$LOG is a fixed view you cannot put triggers on this object.

> I want to implement a trigger that will notify (I don't want to poll) me
 on log
> switch. This way I will be able to ftp the corresponding archive log on
> my Stand-by server...

I have simulated the same once with some Unix shell scripts. Write a job to monitor the alert log file and grep for 'Thread 1 advanced to log sequence <next seq no>'. If this is stmt is success then ftp the archive log etc. You can schedule this job through cron or with the help of some scheduler.

Thanks, Received on Wed Dec 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST