Re: How to export data from one table, then load it in another ???

From: Noah Monsey <noah_at_azlink.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

On 2 Dec 1997 22:57:35 GMT, "Dmitriy Evinshteyn" <Dmitriy.Evinshteyn_at_lgtna.com> wrote:

 Another easy way that I have found for accomplishing this same task is to export the table without the data. Then take the export file and edit it with a text editor to get the sql statements for creating the table along with the indexes and constraints. Then write an insert statement to select the data from the old user.table into the new table. When you are done you will have a script for creating the table, indexes and constraints.

 It seems to work best for me when I use a unix shell script to make everything lowercase and take out all of the double quotes that oracle's export utility likes to put around object names.