Re: NT vs. Unix????

From: Karl M. Nordquist <xkarln_at_brightwood.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

Harry Boswell wrote:

> Apologies if this has been asked to death, but I've been out of
> the Oracle orbit for the past couple of years. I've used Oracle
> versions 4, 5, 6, and 7, all on Unix machines. I'm now looking at
> a new Oracle implementation, supporting up to possibly 250 or so
> users, that may be on Unix or NT. Are there any red flags about NT?
> Is the DBA's job significantly different on NT? Any advice or
> general comments are most welcome.
>
> TIA,
> Harry
> --
> Harry Boswell hboswell_at_netdoor.com
> USDA Zone 8 (Mississippi USA)
> Home Page: http://www2.netdoor.com/~hboswell

IMHO, I would use UNIX. Right now, we use Netware, but if I were to do it over, it would definitely be UNIX. Mostly because of performance, especially once you get over 100 users. If you are less, then NT or Netware might be OK.

HTH Regards
//Karl

In a effort to reduce SPAM, I have placed an X in front of my email address. Please remove the X to respond directly. Thanks.
Karl M. Nordquist		karln_at_brightwood.com
Application Development
Bright Wood Corporation         Madras, Oregon