Can't open file

From: <rfm_at_musicandmail.com>
Date: 1997/12/02

Hi,

we have the following problem:

>alter database ammain mount exclusive
>Mon Dec 01 11:31:24 1997
>SNP0 started
>LGWR started
>Mon Dec 01 11:31:24 1997
>DBWR started
>Mon Dec 01 11:31:25 1997
>Successful mount of redo thread 1.
>Mon Dec 01 11:31:25 1997
>Completed: alter database ammain mount exclusive
>Mon Dec 01 11:31:25 1997
>alter database ammain open
>SNP1 started
>Mon Dec 01 11:31:26 1997
>Errors in file W:\ORANT\RDBMS73\trace\amdbDBWR.TRC:
>ORA-01157: cannot identify data file 2 - file not found
>ORA-01110: data file 2: 'RBS1AMDB.ORA'
>ORA-09202: sfifi: error identifying file
>OSD-04002: Die Datei kann nicht geƶffnet werden. (OS 2)
>ORA-1157 signalled during: alter database ammain open...

As you can read, we can't open the database. On the server we have two instance of oracle. The first instance work without any problem. But the second...

We have tried the following:

" alter database datafile 'full pathname' offline drop;"

But we receive the following error:
ORA-01516: not existing databasefile "full pathname".

We have doublechecked that the path and filename is correct.

Need help to solve this problem!

Best Regards

Raymond Michalek Received on Tue Dec 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST