Re: how to kill a session that marked for kill

From: Joseph Sumalbag <joseph_sumalbag_at_bose.com>
Date: 1997/12/02

hans-peter sloot wrote:

> I think that this session will go away eventually automatically.
> Probably recovery needs to be done.

I concur .... Once you killed the session , what the instace does is make sure to rollback all the uncommitted transaction that had been done but not committed . This will take sometime depending on how long the transactions and how much data has been changed, then once the rollback has been done , then the client tried to contact oracle again using the same session that will be the time that sqlnet will inform the client that the session has been killed and the marked for killed or killed will be removed from your system tables .

| Joseph Sumalbag
|
| Oracle DBA
|

| The opinions expressed above are my own and doesn't
 necessarily                           |