Re: how to kill a session that marked for kill

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/12/02

Sigrid Staudte wrote in message <34830B6D.5C2B38E5_at_rz.uni-leipzig.de>...
>It is not possible to kill this session
>with the alter system kill session command. The
>session is only marked for kill. The only way to
>terminate the session is shutting down the database.
>Knows anywhere another way to solve this problem?

You can make sure that the session is dead by looking for the process for that session in v$process. The Unix PID is in the column SPID. If that Unix process is still running it means that the session/process has not been killed. You can then probably just kill that Unix process.

But I think that an Oracle session marked as killed is actually killed and do not have a corresponding active v$process.

regards,
Billy Received on Tue Dec 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST