Re: NT vs. Unix????

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/12/02

On 1 Dec 1997 17:23:36 GMT, hboswell_at_lance.netdoor.com (Harry Boswell) wrote:

>Apologies if this has been asked to death, but I've been out of
>the Oracle orbit for the past couple of years. I've used Oracle
>versions 4, 5, 6, and 7, all on Unix machines. I'm now looking at
>a new Oracle implementation, supporting up to possibly 250 or so
>users, that may be on Unix or NT. Are there any red flags about NT?
>Is the DBA's job significantly different on NT? Any advice or
>general comments are most welcome.
>
>TIA,
>Harry

The main problem I've seen is that you don't have all those handy Unix utilities like cron, and the various shells for script programming. Once inside the Oracle environment though, everything's the same. Just the file naming conventions are different.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!