Re: Client Timeout mechanism

From: Jacques Guzy <Jaque_Guzy_at_icomverse.com>
Date: 1997/12/01

Connor McDonald wrote:

> check out: sqlnet.expire_time = 5
> (mins) in sqlnet.ora on the server
>
> Jacques Guzy wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > Does anybody know about a way to configure SQL*Net or Net8
> > so that the connection will timeout after a while, when not
 receiving
> > an answer to a request ?
> >
> > My problem is that if the server crashes or the network fails, the
> > client
> > application waits indefinitely.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Thanks for the help, but my problem is on the client side, not on the server
side.
If the Oracle instance crashes, my client application immediately gets an error message. I would like to have the same thing in case of a server crash or a network failure.

Jacques Guzy
DBA Received on Mon Dec 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST