selecting specified rows from a view using rownum

From: Frank Curti <curti_at_rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: 1997/12/01

 I am working on a web based application using Netscapes Livewire and Oracle 7.3. I create a view based on a query and I need to be able to get 25 rows at a time. When I make the following query it does not work.

select * from view1 where rownum <= 50 intersect select *

                                         from view1 where rownum >= 25;

The Oracle documentation is pretty clear why it does not work(it says the second select statement assigns a rownum value equal to 1 which makes the rownum >= 25 statement false) but does not tell me how to work around the problem. Can I some way still use rownum or is there a way I can insert another column into the view?

Thanks in advance,
Frank Curti Received on Mon Dec 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST