Re: Moving Datafile Associated With SYSTEm Tablespace

From: Yuri Korostyshevskiy <ykoros_at_dowjones.net>
Date: 1997/12/01

Invoke Server Manager.
Shutdown the database. (shutdown immediate) Copy the files you want to rename(relocate) (E.g. "cp opt1/oradata/system1.dbf /opt2/oradata/system1.dbf" )
Startup the database without opening it. (startup mount) Issue the following command:
  ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE 'opt1/oradata/system1.dbf' TO 'opt2/oradata/system1.dbf';
then
 ALTER DATABASE OPEN; This is the only option. You cannot do ALTER TABLESPACE... for system datafile

Yuri Korostyshevskiy