Re: Oracle Not Available

From: Jacques Guzy <Jaque_Guzy_at_icomverse.com>
Date: 1997/12/01

Stephen Robbins wrote:

> A server that has been well behaved for weeks is now refusing
> connections
> with the message Oracle Not Available.
>
> A check of the NT host shows that it and all it's components have
> started. Stopping and restarting does not help?
>
> What obvious thing am I overlooking????
>
> Thanks
> STeve

What components have you checked ? If the OracleService<SID> is running,

it doesn't mean the corresponding instance is running. You still have to start
the instance from Server Manager (SVRMGR23). In any case, it's only on server startup that the instance might start automatically, if the services are correctly configured. Received on Mon Dec 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST