Oracle Web Server: Q on DB instances on different machines

From: <thomasl_at_expansion.com>
Date: 1997/12/01

Hello,

  I am evaluating Oracle Web server. I have installed the web server product on an NT4.0 box. However I have 3 instances of Oracle servers running 7.3+ on different machines NT, Dec, Solaris.

  I would like to be able to use the Oracle Web database administrator to administer these Oracle instances. Can this be configured for Oracle Web Server? The html doc when I go into the Web database Admin says that it will only control the instance if the DB instance is on the same machine that the Web server is on.

  Is this true? Seems kind of wierd that oracle would do such a thing where you can not control oracle instances on different machines.

  Does anybody have any data on this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Please email thomasl_at_expansion.com

Thanks

Thomas Ladew

Thomas Ladew