PL/SQL Tables accross Schema's

From: martin <martinb_at_SPAM-OFF-hooked.net>
Date: 1997/11/29

Hi,

has anyone had any success defining a packaged function that returns a PL/SQL table of VARCHAR2(2000) in schema 'a' and calling that function from schema 'b'.

I've tried, but get PLS 382 - Expression of wrong type... Looks like I need to define the destination variable as 'a.package.function%TYPE' (it self not doable) by defining that variable as the original PL/SQL Table record type in the package (which of course is not describable accross schema.).

I'd really like to avoid creating a temp table if anyone has any ideas,

TIA Martin

martinb_at_removeforspam.hooked.net

Technomation, Inc. Received on Sat Nov 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST