Moving Datafile Associated With SYSTEm Tablespace

From: Garry Smith <garry.smith_at_usa.net>
Date: 1997/11/29

Hello,

I'm running Oracle7.3 on an HP-UX 10 platform. I want to change the location of the datafile associated with the SYSTEM tablespace, does anyone have any ideas?

Please note that the ALTER TABLESPACE...RENAME DATAFILE, comand cannot be used for the SYSTEM tablespace. I was thinking maybe an export and re-build - what says you all?

Please reply here wih your thoughts, or by emailing me at garry.smith_at_usa.net.

Thanks in anticipation,

Garry Received on Sat Nov 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST