Re: Oracle/Alpha NT

From: David Russell <user_at_msn.com>
Date: 1997/11/27

Oracle running on Alpha NT has come on in leaps and bounds in the last 12 month, it is now as robust and reliable as Intel NT in 7.3.3+ form. But if you are after the ultimate in performance then Digital Unix is where you want to be, because it is 64Bit and does not suffer from the scalability issues imposed by NT. Although a number of these issues are resolved by the VLM option available with 8.0.3 of Alpha NT, on the 4100 it allows Oracle V8 to address 8Gb of memory.

Regards
David Russell

BrianNFO <briannfo_at_aol.com> wrote in article <19971125231100.SAA15512_at_ladder02.news.aol.com>...