Re: Connecting an Oracle 7.3 database to Web

From: Gary SMITH <Gary.Smith_at_cern.ch>
Date: 1997/11/25

Fred,

I use a Java solution, although this is not the only way. If your 7.3 db is running
on the same system as the Web server, then download the Oracle thin driver
from Oracle. You'll need to learn quite some Java and JDBC (the Java equivalent of ODBC). There are some test Applets to start you off with the
thin driver.

Good books are : Core Java by Cornell and Horstman (for Java) and JDBC Database access with Java by Hamilton, Cattell and Fisher

Regards

--
Gary Smith