Re: Getting data in to LONGs

From: David Russell <user_at_msn.com>
Date: 1997/11/25

If you must use the LONG data type then you will have to use the Piece Wise Insert and Fetch facilities provided by OCI and Pro*C. If Oracle 8 is an option junk your LONG columns and go for CLOB's as they use locators that allow SQL and PL/SQL(via DBMS_LOB) to manipulate up to 4Gb of character data.

Regards
David Russell

Andy McLeod <andy_at_aligrafix.co.uk> wrote in article <347B215F.4B0A_at_aligrafix.co.uk>...