pl2java problem (Solaris)

From: Thomas Griesbaum <thgries_at_ira.uka.de>
Date: 1997/11/25

Hi,

under Solaris 2.5.1 we are trying to wrap a PL/SQL package into a java class with "pl2java". We constantly get this error message:

# pl2java scott/tiger_at_I3VTEST Employee
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jpl in shared library path

        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
        at oracle.rdbms.Session.<clinit>(Session.java)
        at oracle.plsql.tools.pl2java.Main.wrap(Main.java)
        at oracle.plsql.tools.pl2java.Main.main(Main.java)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: initSession
        at oracle.rdbms.Session.<init>(Session.java)
        at oracle.rdbms.Session.<init>(Session.java)
        at oracle.plsql.tools.pl2java.Main.wrap(Main.java)
        at oracle.plsql.tools.pl2java.Main.main(Main.java)

The environment variables in question are set like this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/oracle/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/lib:/usr/openwin/lib CLASSPATH=.:/oracle/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/ows21/java/oracle.zip:/oracle/app/o racle/product/7.3.2/ows21/java/classes.zip

They work fine when compiling a java application which does not access the data base (e.g. for the output of HTML only)

I think we might be missing something simple here. We have some work depending on the quick solution of this problem.

Please help !

Regards,
Thomas Griesbaum Received on Tue Nov 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST