Webserver2.1 and Perl CGI

From: Jason Nugent <ap958_at_chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: 1997/11/25

         Hi all,

        I am in the process of setting up a webserver using WebServer2.1 to handle CGI requests that consist of scripts written in Perl. The webserver is installed on an NT workstation. I have installed Perl for Win32 in the usual place (c:\perl) with the perl executable being in c:\perl\bin. From the command prompt, I can run perl scripts just fine. I have configured my web listener to map c:\orant\ows21\bin\ to /ows-bin/ as my CGI directory. If I place any perl scripts this directory and attempt to run them using http://domain_name/ows-bin/script.pl I get

        The requested URL was not found.

        but it is there!

        is there a little trick here? I have done this lots of times with Unix, but Oracle Webserver on NT is giving me some difficulties. The Oracle Webserver User's Guid offers advice using PL/SQL, but since the scripts are being ported from a unix box, a re-write is not really convenient. I'll do it if I have to, though.

                Thanks! Jason

--
Jason Nugent, BSc(Hons)

The Best Place for Sport on the net! - Sportscience www.sportsci.org