Re: Need Help Fast: Can't Import Oracle Export direct option set to Y

From: <jkstill_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1997/11/25

On 24 Nov 1997 14:10:30 GMT, "Administartor" <mbrandt_at_resourcecenter.com> wrote:

>We have lost our database and tried to recover from and export which was
>done using the direc=y option set on Oracle 7.3.3. Apparently, their is and
>unreported bug and the file ma be corrupt. The system is set up on an NT
>platform and the database is Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.3.
>
>We did not have archive log mode on and we do not have a cold backup other
>that the 11th.
>
>I have recovered using a Nov 11 backup but need the data back from the 11th
>on.

The exports are corrupt, archiving is turned off, and the most recent backup is from the 11th?

There are no conventional methods to recover your database past the 11th.

I don't recall the export bug you refer to. Does it render the entire  export useless? Did Oracle support have any suggestions for salvaging the export files?

What happened to the database and how did you recover?

If you have not already done so, develop a backup and recovery plan, and test it to make sure it works!

Jared Still
Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;) jkstill_at_bcbso.com - work
jkstill_at_teleport.com - home Received on Tue Nov 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST