Re: Windows 32-bit Two-Task driver unable to spawn new ORACLE task

From: Marco Foss <mfoss_at_sio.uio.no>
Date: 1997/11/25

> Joerg Reiner wrote in message <34549A0E.B625E403_at_gsf.de>...

> >Hey all,
> >
> >I think I have a really elementary problem.
> >I´m running ORACLE DB 7.3 on NT. When I´m connecting to a DB following
> >message appears:
> >
> >ORA-09352: Windows 32-bit Two-Task driver unable to spawn new ORACLE task

I've had this <unresolved> problem for a while, and I suspect a memory leaking kind of bug somewhere.
Both ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID is defined; and the problem occurs when ORACLE_SID=<problem SID>
Several seconds pass before error message occur in SVRMGR, and exiting also take a while.

Setting the ORACLE_SID to another working SID or a nonexisting SID works fine; I then can connect using
connect internal/password_at_TNSalias or
connect internal/password_at_2:<PROBLEM_SID> with no delay. I do get the ORA-09352 message at first though.

Only thing that helps me is shutting down and restarting the instances and services.
After 6-7 days, the problem returns.

All this is local on the NT server, no problem connecting over the network.

I suspect it has something to do with a local app connecting and disconnecting with 5 minute intervals to the problem SID.

Marco
mfoss_at_nospam.sio.uio.no Received on Tue Nov 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST