Re: SOURCE tables

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1997/11/24

Steve Sochacki wrote at 21-Nov-97 12:58:15

>This could be a dumb question, but here's what's happening. I'm trying to
>extract the source for stored procedures (SP). In Visual Data Tools, I see
>the whole SP with the first statement being Create or Replace Procedure
>xxxxx. When I run a query selecting the TEXT Varchar(2000) from DBA_SOURCE
>or ALL_SOURCE the first statement is just 'Procedure xxxxx' and the TEXT
>looks like it's cut off after about 75 characters and I'm losing
>characters. Any help would be appreciated.

Well I think that the 'create or replace' isn't actually stored in the databse. It is generated by Your tool when You display the procedure source with it. When You do the select on the all_sources table You just get what's in the database. The cut off to 75 characters may result from Your LINESIZE setting in SQL*Plus.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de