Re: Recover db with missing redo logs....

From: Ian Cary <cary_at_gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com>
Date: 1997/11/24

River wrote:

> If the database is running archivelog mode and one of the two
> on-line redo log files (not mirrored) is corrupted or deleted,
> is there any ways to bring the database back to a consistence
> state if I'm willing to lose all those transactions in the
> lost redo log file?? What if ALL on-line redo log files
> are lost??

You should be able to recover your data files and issue the ;

recover database until cancel;

command. This should prompt you to recover each archive log in turn until you reach you current re-do log. If this was the one that was lost you should cancel here and issue the command;

alter database open resetlogs;

If however the one you lost was not in use, it may be possible for enter the name of the current re-do log file and not lose any information at all! (The lost logfile having already been archived). You should still then enter the above;

alter database open resetlogs;

command.

Good luck,

Ian Received on Mon Nov 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CST