Re: DBMS_LOCK.ALLOCATE_UNIQUE and savepoints (7.3.3)

From: Francis Small <fthes_at_sr.hp.com>
Date: 1997/11/24

It appears that I've found the source of the problem. DBMS_LOCK.ALLOCATE_UNIQUE performs a COMMIT. No doubt there is some really good reason for this, such as the need to make sure that the allocated number is committed to the database so that it is seen by other users, but

  I REALLY WISH THIS HAD BEEN DOCUMENTED IN THE MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now on to plan B, whatever that is... :-(

   Francis

--
Giants                                         Francis Small - M/S M3RA