Re: ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace

From: Tim McConechy <tmcconec_at_gulf.uvic.ca>
Date: 1997/11/24

Thanks for your response.

I fixed the problem myself sortly after the post.

If you are interested....Here's what I did.

ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE 'D:\ORANT\DATABASE\DES2DATA.ORA'     AUTOEXTEND ON; I knew how to do this from Enterprise manager but at the time it wasn't up! (I was looking to set this property on the tablespace however its a feature of the datafile!)

That did it!

> > For some reason Enterprise Manager won't let me log in I get .
> > TNS: unable to resolve host name. (But it used to work!)

The TNS error was wierd every other package works fine with my database aliases except Enterprise manager. When I reinstalled Enterprise manager after an complete unistall there was no problem connecting with my existing aliases in tnsnames.ora.

Maybe a recent Designer 2000 2.0 beta installation screwed it up!

> > I tried to unistal it but I get..
> > nt.avf(1): Start block token when 'End of File' found

This was to do with either disk space or the need of a reboot. Oracle Tech had no idea what it was. I freed up space, and rebooted and the problem went away!

Thanks anyways but I'm OK now! Received on Mon Nov 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CST