Oracle 7.3.3 ---> Oracle 8 upgrade

From: S V <sv1_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/11/23

That's what we are contemplaiting
to do on Christmas eve.
The current size of database is about 100Gb. It runs on AIX 4.2 platform.

I have some questions to the respectable Oracle community.

  1. As part of the upgrade we also want to bump up db_block_size to at least 8k from current 4k. I personally would like to go to 16k block size since our db is purely data warehouse-style with quite big tables. Does Oracle 8 support block sizes > 8k ?
  2. Apparently we would need to do full database export/import. What kind of problems should I expect with importing Oracle7.3.3 dump into Oracle 8 database?
  3. Generally what kind of problems should I expect when going Oracle7.3 --> Oracle.8 ?

Thanks,
Serge   Received on Sun Nov 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST