Re: Bitmap index usage...

From: Tim Nickason <tnickasn_at_rogers.wave.ca>
Date: 1997/11/23

Greetings,

Hi have this problem before as well. Oracle support said it was due to bugs in the
optimizer. I run version 7.3.2.3 on Dec unix. BTW: I'm not sure what version you are using
but Oracle support said the version I run does not offically support bitmap indexes.
You need to be on 7.3.3. This may be your problem. Assuming you done analyze on tables
with bitmaps, the only way to get it to work (when it doesn't, but should) is with hints.

Tim