Re: Recover db with missing redo logs....

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378nospam_at_deere.com>
Date: 1997/11/21

River wrote:

> If the database is running archivelog mode and one of the two
> on-line redo log files (not mirrored) is corrupted or deleted,
> is there any ways to bring the database back to a consistence
> state if I'm willing to lose all those transactions in the
> lost redo log file?? What if ALL on-line redo log files
> are lost??
>
> Please advise....thanks in advance....
>
> River

Sure!

Restore a prior backup: datafiles and archive log files. svrmgrl
connect internal
startup mount
recover database until cancel

Watch the prompts. When Oracle asks for the missing file, enter CANCEL.

alter database open resetlogs;

shutdown
cold backup
startup Received on Fri Nov 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CST