Re: Creating an ASCII file from an Oracle table

From: Gregg Sporar <gregg_sporar_at_i2.com>
Date: 1997/11/21

But if he uses UTL_FILE, isn't he restricted to creating the ASCII file on the server? I've always been curious about how to use something like UTL_FILE to create an ASCII file on the client system, instead of on the server. In other words, I want the speed of a stored procedure, but I want the output file on the client (but the client doesn't have any PL/SQL support!).

Thanks,

Gregg Sporar
i2 Technologies

Norman Neil wrote:

> use the UTL_FILE package that comes with Oracle v7.x - it's very easy to
> use!
>
> Norm
>
> RobW95 <robw95_at_aol.com> wrote in article
> <19971120171400.MAA00528_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>...
> > My new company has asked me to create a flat file from an Oracle table
 (don't
> > ask me why). I don't recall any easy way to do this, such as a utility.
 Does