Re: Memory Leak

From: Lembit Loo <lloo_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/11/21

UMESH.X.TIWARI_at_x400gw.ameritech.com wrote:

> I remember facing such a problem on HP-UX/10.10 Oracle 7.1.6. It turned
> out to be a bug. You may want to contact Oracle Support and get a patch
> for the same. I don't recall the patch# or Bug#, however, I am sure once
> you send them all the error message details, they should be able to
> respond pretty quickly.
>
> Good Luck.
>
> Umesh Tiwari
> -----------
> In article <34690A53.1E59A2F8_at_mindspring.com>,
> Drexel Pitts <drexelpitts_at_mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> > Oracle 7.1.6 database and we get a "memory leak" when shutting
> > down the instance. Any insights???
> >
> > TIA

It is a bug 203599. It is not harmful and patch fix is available for most platforms, call support and they will be able to supply it to you.

--
Lembit Loo
Senior Consultant

Oracle Corporation

Disclaimer: all opinions expressed here are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.