Re: Strange error, help please

From: Keith Boulton <boulke_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/19

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:22:07 -0600, anga0004_at_stud.uni-sb.de (Andrej Gabara) wrote:

You can "avoid" the problem by prefixing the table name with the owner.

The error messages manual explains that this happens if a local variable or loop counter. My belief is that it is either an internal loop counter used by the pl/sql interpreter or a hidden internal function. I've not managed to track down where its defined. Expression 'language' is not appropriate as the left hand side of an assignment statement which means it could be a loop counter. Attempting to assign language to another variable causes internal error 1407, so it could be an uniniitialised internal routine or 'dangling' reference to a no-longer existing function.

The same error you got can be reproduced by creating a table called userenv. You can insert into it in sqlplus, but not in a pl/sql block. Received on Wed Nov 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST