Re: Public Synonyms

From: James Petts <jpetts_at_celltech.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/19

MelissaCOX wrote:

> For instance:
> How do you list out the public synonyms?? Is there a way to alter the
> permission of granting a user to create public synonyms?? (or is that a good
> idea anyway?)

SELECT * from DBA_SYNONYMS WHERE OWNER='PUBLIC';

The CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM privilege can be granted to, and revoked from, any user at will.

Is it a good idea? I operate on the principle of least necessary privilege for each user. None of my users needs to create public synonyms, therefore they can't...

--
James "I'd rather fall off Ilustrada than ride any other horse" Petts