Export from EXP80 on a v7.x database

From: Dennis Richter <73624.1306_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1997/11/18

I am trying to do an export using EXP80.EXE against a version 7.3 database. I get an error saying the proper export views are not built. My questions are:

  1. Is EXP80 backwards compatible?
  2. Do I need to run script files from my Oracle8 instance against my Oracle7 instance to built the required views? If so, what script is necessary?
  3. If I can run EXP80 against the v7.3 database, can I then run IMP73.EXE against the export file?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis Received on Tue Nov 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST