Re: Tuning questions (may be stupid)

From: Steve Adams <steveadams_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1997/11/18

For every buffer added there is obviously an increase of db_block_size for the buffer itself. But less commonly mentioned is the corresponding increase in the variable portion of the SGA for a buffer header (176 bytes in version 7.3). There is also an extra hash chain header (8 bytes) and latch (112 bytes) for every four extra buffers (approximately - assuming _db_block_hash_buckets has been allowed to default).

Regards,
Steve Adams
steveadams_at_acslink.net.au