Tuning questions (may be stupid)

From: <cmcantie_at_utmb.edu>
Date: 1997/11/17

Okay, these are probably stupid questions but I am trying to figure out how everything fits together here. If my total sga is 10,842,420 bytes that means that this particular Oracle database is taking up 10Mb of operating system memory, right? I want to increase db_block_buffers because the hit ratio is 74%. How do I know how much additional memory each buffer I add will take?

Thanks. Received on Mon Nov 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST