Re: On pl/sql package...

From: Andy Chan <chanly_at_hkstar.com>
Date: 1997/11/17

Satish Narasimha wrote:

> ERROR:
> ORA-06553: PLS-213: package STANDARD not accessible

Oracle is complaining not be able to access DBMS_STANDARD package with your effective userID.

First check that the package (both definition and body) is created properly under "sys". There should also be a synonym which allow non-DBA user to access this package.

If not, you can create this package by re-running one one of th SQL script provided under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin. If I remember it correctly, it should be "catproc.sql" which contain mandatory objects for PL/SQL and Pro*C to work.

(In case I got the script name wrong, you can counter check it by

    oracle% grep -i "package standard" $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/*.sql

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Andy Received on Mon Nov 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST