Oracle 8 and Partition Views ?

From: Luc Gyselinck <Luc.Gyselinck_at_ping.be>
Date: 1997/11/17

Is there still support in Oracle 8 for the Oracle 7.3 style partition views?

I set up an Oracle 8 database and imported an export from our 7.3 database.
I set the partition_view_enabled parameter to TRUE in the init.ora file, shutdown and startup the database.
I checked the check constraints on the tables in the partition view. But the explain plan in the tkprof file does not show me if partition eliminiation is applied.
(Even the number of accesses to the tables and indexes, ie the Rows column, are all 0. I had to read the .trc
file to see if the cnt= on the STAT lines show some value > 0).

I have Oracle 8.0.2.0.0 for Sun Solaris (it is a beta).

I also found that the trc files, in particulary the STAT lines contain more information than with Oracle 7. Received on Mon Nov 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST