Re: Can't create instance

From: hans-peter sloot <h.g.sloot_at_ptt-telecom.nl>
Date: 1997/11/17

Two kernel parameters are relevant to this matter. SEMMNS - total number of semaphores
SEMMNI. - total number of semaphore identifiers ( semaphore sets )

You get the message "unable to get first semaphore set" which indicates that SEMMNI is too low. You have to increase this parameter.

If you do ipcs -as each line is a semaphore set and NSEMS gives the number of semaphores
in each set.

Gregg Sporar <gregg_sporar_at_i2.com> wrote in article <346A339A.2780_at_i2.com>...