Oracle Errors

From: Matt Zagni <mattz_at_kbss.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/17

Hi,

Well I think I maybe getting somewhere however I have a number of errors to overcome, any ideas on how I should correct these...

Many thank

Matt

prompt:~/server/bin$ svrmgrl
Oracle Server Manager Release 2.3.2.0.0 - Production Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545 SVRMGR> CONNECT INTERNAL
Message 701 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR SVRMGR> STARTUP NOMOUNT
MGR-00310: Message 310 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR
SVRMGR> create datafile 'newdbase' size 1080; create datafile 'newdbase' size 1080
Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-03114 SVRMGR> My ORACLE_HOME is /usr/local/oracle/server/bin

I directed it there as it had the exec files there for svrmgrl as well as
many others, would this be correct ?

Could it be a problem in my insttest.ora file (inst<test>.ora as ORACLE_SID is
test) ?

Or that a message file is not uncompressed which one does it look for ?

ORACLE_HOME  is  /usr/local/oracle/server/bin
ORACLE_SID is test
ORACLE_TERM is vt100

dba::101:oracle Received on Mon Nov 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST