raid & cache settings to avoid corrupt redo on recovery

From: Eugene Gardner <E.Gardner_at_VaxMan.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/16

Ideas please. I have failed to recover 4 times out of 4 due to corrupt archived redo logs. Recovery rolls forward for a few log files but fails with different error messages after 6 - 12 log files have been processed. This is on two different databases at different times on the same DEC Alpha server. I have Oracle 7.3.3.0.1 on Windows NT V4 with parallel query enabled. Files appear to be corrupt on disk before being copied to backup tape. No other corruptions have been noticed and no hardware errors logged. The finger of suspicion currently falls on the HSZ40 disk controller parameters. Redo is held on a 16GB RAID 5 array with battery protected write behind caching enabled.
For your thoughts I thank you - Eugene (puzzled of Hove). Received on Sun Nov 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CST